Sonntag, 11. Mai 2008

Ich bin ein Gedicht.

Anlässlich des Hohen Pfingstfestes habe ich mal wieder so einen Test mitgemacht, so ein "Wenn Du ein ... wärst, was für ein ... wärst Du dann?" Diesmal bin ich ein Gedicht. Und zwar eine heldenhafte Folge von Paarreimen:



I am heroic couplets; most precise
And fond of order. Planned and structured. Nice.
I know, of course, just what I want; I know,
As well, what I will do to make it so.
This doesn't mean that I attempt to shun
Excitement, entertainment, pleasure, fun;
But they must keep their place, like all the rest;
They might be good, but ordered life is best.
What Poetry Form Are You?


Wenn ich mich in meiner Wohnung umgucke, frag ich mich, ob das vielleicht nicht so ganz stimmt ... Aber im Hinblick auf mein Leben muss ich zugeben, dass es mich zumindest nicht stören würde.

via Scipio

1 Kommentar:

Anastasis Villiers hat gesagt…

Cool. Ich las das und dachte: ich bin bestimmt ein Sonett. Test gemacht, und was bin ich?

Ein Sonett. Ha!

I am the sonnet, never quickly thrilled;
Not prone to overstated gushing praise
Nor yet to seething rants and anger, filled
With overstretched opinions to rephrase;

But on the other hand, not fond of fools,
And thus, not fond of people, on the whole;
And holding to the sound and useful rules,
Not those that seek unjustified control.

I'm balanced, measured, sensible (at least,
I think I am, and usually I'm right);
And when more ostentatious types have ceased,
I'm still around, and doing, still, alright.

In short, I'm calm and rational and stable -
Or, well, I am, as much as I am able.